These pictures were taken last fall when I first began building the prayer garden. It was so exciting to see the plans for this 40 foot round garden finally taking shape. Fall of 2008 I laid out the paths and flower areas for the north half of the garden. I also dug the 12 foot round center out so that we could lay the pavers in the spring. I started dreaming about this garden while we were in Israel during the spring of 2008. I loved the serene gardens that surrounded so many of the holy sites that we visited while we were there. I wanted to create a place where people could come and commune with God within nature, feel the presence of the Holy Spirit and have time to just pray in whatever way they desire to. I incorporated a labyrinth into the pattern because I think that some people pray more effectively when they can walk and talk with God. I love the imagery of being on a pilgrimage while on this earth and I wanted to include that idea in this garden as well, walking a labyrinth reminds us that we are on a journey with God. That I am on a journey with God thoughout my lifetime.